Your IP address, browser and version, operating system and the site you came from are stored when you visit the website United for Fire Awareness (UFFA). This information does not contain any personal information and is used by to review website usage and to help identify areas of improvement only.
Personal information submitted to United for Fire Awareness (UFFA) via online booking forms, newsletter sign-ups, request forms or other similar means will be securely stored and will not be shared with third parties unless explicitly stated. If submitting a question or feedback that requires a response, your details may be passed on to an appropriate member of staff.
Unless otherwise stated, all copyright and all other intellectual property for material (both image and text) found on this website, including content from the photo library, collections and archive are and shall be the property of UFFA. This material cannot be used for any commercial purpose without prior permission from United for Fire Awareness (UFFA).
Content for personal, private or commercial use may be copied or downloaded without prior permission from United for Fire Awareness (UFFA).
While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information and copyright of material on this website, any and all liability which might arise from your use of and reliance on the information contained on the website is excluded.
In adding content to this website, United for Fire Awareness (UFFA) makes every effort to ensure material does not infringe any person’s rights.
However, we recognize that material published online may inadvertently include copyrighted material, contain sensitive personal data, or include content that may be regarded as obscene or defamatory.
If you believe that you are the copyright owner for any material on this website and do not consent to the use of your material in accordance with our terms and conditions, or if you believe material on the website to be obscene or defamatory, please contact us providing the information detailed below:
- Your contact details
- Details of the material, including the URL at which it was found
- Proof that you are the rights holder or an authorized representative
- The reason for your request (e.g. copyright law, data protection, offensive material).
Upon receipt of a complaint, we will:
- Acknowledge receipt by email
- Make an initial assessment of the validity of the complaint
- If necessary, seek further legal advice
- If the complaint is upheld, remove the material in question from our website
- Provide a written response and confirmation of our actions.
We do not limit in any way our liability by law for fraud or death or personal injury caused by our negligence or breach of statutory duty or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our team or users in circumstances where:
- Loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using our site or when a contract for the supply of products by us to you was formed;
- Loss or damage was not caused by any breach by us, our employees or agents; or
- Loss or damage relates to business and/or non-consumers (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure).
The pages of our website may contain links to third party website. Such links are provided for your convenience only. We do not necessarily control such website and are not responsible for their contents. The mere inclusion of such links does not imply any endorsement of the material on those website or any association with their operators. If you decide to access any of the third party website linked to or from our website, you do so entirely at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
If you wish to link from your website to any pages of our site you may do so only on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the website page, and subject to the following conditions:
- The linking text must simply consist of the website address;
- You do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of any logos on our site;
- You do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services;
- You do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false information about us;
- You do not otherwise use any UFFA trademarks displayed on our site without our express written permission;
- You do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- Your website does not contain content that is distasteful, pornographic, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- At any time and at our complete discretion we reserve the right to withdraw the permission to make website links to our site.
The information provided on this website is intended to provide general information only and, as such, should not be considered as a substitute for advice covering any specific situation. While we endeavor to ensure that the information on our website is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of that information. The material on our website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material. We may make changes to the material on our website, or to the products and prices described in them, at any time without notice.
The products which are supplied via our website have been designed to comply with the statutory legal requirements and relevant international safety standards. We can, therefore, make no representation or warranty that any product provided via or referred to in our site is compliant with health, safety or other legal requirements which apply in a specific country. You may not access our site from countries where its contents are illegal or unlawful.
We take every reasonable care to ensure that all orders, donations and subsequent transactions are conducted via a secure link. However, the security of information and payments transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed and as we are not responsible for the operation of the secure link we will not, unless we are negligent, be liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorized access to any information you provide.
We do not warrant that the functions contained in our site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that our site or the servers that make them available are free of viruses or bugs or represent full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials. We will not be liable for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system or any other damages (including amongst other losses, loss of profit or loss of use) arising out of your use or delay or inability to use our site, their content or any link to another website arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- Finney, Mark. 1998. FARSITE: Fire Area Simulator—Model Development and Evaluation. Research Paper: United States Department of Agriculture – Forest Service.
- Hirschberger, Peter. 2016. FORESTS ABLAZE – Causes and effects of global forest fires. Study, Berlin: WWF Deutschland.
- Jill, M. Judy, G. Neil. 2017. Bushfires – A Geography resource for Australian students. Burwood East: Geography Teachers’ Association of Victoria Inc.
- Kreisfeuerwehrverband Northeim & Thomas Bobrowski www.kfv-northeim.de
We have used additional digital-materials from the following resources:
© earthdata.nasa.gov 2019
© NottsFire | www.notts-fire.gov.uk
© US Forest Service (FS)
© Rich Pedroncelli
© justin Sullivan/Getty Images
© Photo: CSP_myshop
© Trenton, NJ: MacCrellish & Quigley, 1911
© H.M. skid pump | YouTube mikeat88
© Taming Wildfires, John Deere plows
© eXtension Foundation (Steven Smith)
© wikiHow Staff / Put-Out-a-Campfire
© P.C. Jackie Sojico, QUEST Nebraska
If you have any questions, you may contact us at